Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 January 2017

And I Began to Fly: How RBVRR changed Maliha

In this post, Syeda Maliha Taranum opens up about her experiences as a student of our college, and a member of the literary club.




My first day at R.B.V.R.R. Women's College was on 17th August, 2016. I wanted to pursue forensic sciences, but since there were no seats, I had no other option left and had to go for Food and Nutrition. I wasn't interested in this course and thus I was irregular to the college. As days passed by, I slowly started coming to college on regular basis. I found my subject interesting. I made many friends. Even the lecturers are very friendly and supportive here.
I was glad to learn Hindi and Telugu-the languages I was afraid of. I also liked the events that were held in the college. The freshers was just amazing and even the nutrition fest was very interesting.

Apart from all this,I felt like an independent and a mature girl. Since my junior college was quite strict, it made me self-centered. Though I had many friends, I felt suffocated due to so much restrictions. I had people of same mentality. But here, after joining this college, I met different people from different parts of India, came to know about their culture and by interacting with them I became more generous and it also changed my perception towards certain situations. The restrictions in my school and junior college brought self-discipline in me which helps in enjoying the freedom given by the college without crossing any limits. The freedom in this college had made me independent, self-reliant and mature.

This college also provide students with wonderful opportunities which help us in building our career. I really enjoyed the workshop for Performing Arts organised by the Quills Literary Club. Apart from learning the basics of art and theater, it has also changed me as person and my beliefs. The resource person for the workshop, Mr Rathna Shekhar Reddy addressed the audience with a very interesting speech on women empowerment which encouraged me to become a better woman.

So, yes, I'm happy to say that I'm a proud student of R.B.V.R.R. Women's College.

No comments:

Post a Comment