Powered By Blogger

Friday 23 June 2017

Summer Wisdom- Lessons from Robin Sharma's Who Will Cry When You Die

S. Sreelekha

Of Warmth and Wisdom

It was mid-May and as usual I was enveloped with lot of free time. I tried to fight boredom by watching some fun videos on YouTube, and yet, the summer hours simply refused to melt away. 
The next day, I got up early with a prudent idea of reading a book that day.
I selected Robin Sharma's Who Will Cry When You Die
The cover promised a book full of life-changing lessons. 
I started reading the book and by the time I completed first five pages, I was amazed and hooked. 
The facts that I realise, the lessons that I learnt took me to a world of tranquility where we hear only the sound of a cascade and feel the essence of nature.
I'd like to list out the lessons that I encountered in the book.

>Robin Sharma wants teenagers to know the value of education. He says, "...the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do."
>He states that the way you begin your day determines the way you will live your day. So friends start your day well, you will never be the same.
>He recommends that we talk to ourselves. That, he says, will reduce the tension in our mind.
>He says that there is something very special about the first few hours of the morning. Time seems to slow down and a deep sense of peace fills the air. We need to experience these moments and take inspiration from it.
>See your troubles as blessings. Always remember failure is the highway to success. We need to resolve to transform our stumbling blocks into stepping stones and vow to turn our wounds into wisdom.

Through these and many such lessons, the book changed my perspective on life. I intend on using such life lessons to fuel my future growth.  The line that had me pondering the most, encompassed the message of the book for me,


'Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it and virtue is doing it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment